Before I officially open my shop in May, I was working on it behind the scenes for few months. I created my shop using WooCommerce, even though I only sell digital products, this was the plugin I was already familiar with. Unfortunately, I came across a bit annoying issue, I had no idea how to fix which was changing the default Products Archive title to MintSwift Shop.
I asked about it on WordPress forum directly under WooCommerce support and the plugin author said that I should change the name of my shop in the header.php, but there was no Products Archive title there. I couldn’t find any solution other than that so I figured it out myself! And it doesn’t require any coding knowledge. I this post, I’d like to share with you an easy way to change the title of your shop in WordPress using the Yoast SEO plugin, which (I hope) you already have on your blog.
HOW TO CHANGE THE NAME OF YOUR WOOCOMMERCE SHOP FROM PRODUCTS ARCHIVE TO SHOP
1. Install the plugin Yoast SEO (if you haven’t already)
2. Navigate to the WordPress sidebar menu and hover over SEO and click Titles and Metas
3. Click on the Post Types tab
4. Scroll down until you see the section Custom Post Type Archives, The shop page is listed as a Products custom post type archive.
5. Under the title, type the name of the shop you want to display, in my instance it’s MintSwift Shop and under the Meta description, type the description that will be visible in search results.
6. Click Save changes and you’re done!
By the way, if you don’t see the Titles and Metas option in the Yoast SEO, make sure to enable advanced settings, here’s how to do it:
1. Navigate to the WordPress sidebar menu and hover over SEO and click Dashboard
2. Click on the Features tab
3. In the Advanced settings pages switch to enabled
4. Save changes and voila!
You won’t believe how much time I’ve wasted to research the solution to this problem and I was frustrated by the name Products Achives. I just wish there was blog post like this back then, so it’d take me 2 minutes to change the title of my shop in WordPress.