When it comes to Pinterest, many business owners or bloggers still think that Pinterest it’s just for fun, searching for dinner recipes or outfits for a party. If you’re one of them, I hate to break it to you, but you’re wrong.
In fact, 75% content on Pinterest comes from businesses, therefore anyone who thinks that Pinterest is just for personal things is missing out a ton of free website traffic, getting clients, email subscribers and more.
In this post, I’ll show you 5 benefits of having a Pinterest business account. You’ll learn why you should have a Pinterest business account, how to create a business account or convert a personal account to business account and what are the features of Pinterest business account and why do you need them.
Let’s dive in, shall we?
WHY DO YOU NEED A PINTEREST BUSINESS ACCOUNT?
1. IT’S REQUIRED
If you’re using Pinterest as part of how you make a living, whether by driving traffic to a blog that makes you some money or to build your personal brand to find customers for your products or services, you should sign up for a business account and agree to Business Terms of Services. Below, you can find a quote from Pinterest’s Terms and Conditions:
“Commercial use of Pinterest
If you want to use our Products for commercial purposes you must create a business account and agree to our Business Terms of Service.”
2. YOU’LL BE ABLE TO DISPLAY YOUR BUSINESS/BLOG NAME INSTEAD OF FIRST AND LAST NAME
On a personal account, when you go to Edit profile, you can only set up a Your First and Last Name. With a business account, you’ll have one box with Business Name to fill where you’ll include your personal name, business/blog name and add keywords. If you want to learn how to brand your Pinterest profile, I highly recommend you this post
3. YOU’LL GET ACCESS TO BUSINESS FEATURES
Look at your account won’t change that much, but you’ll be able to have access to business features which are Rich Pins, Promoted Pins and Pinterest Analytics. We’ll discuss them in a sec.
HOW TO CREATE A PINTEREST BUSINESS ACCOUNT?
1. Go to Pinterest for Business and click Join as a Business
2. Fill out details about your business and you
3. Read and accept the Business Terms of Service and click Create Account
HOW TO CONVERT A PERSONAL PINTEREST ACCOUNT TO A PINTEREST BUSINESS ACCOUNT?
1. Log in to your account
2. Go to Pinterest for Business
3. Click Convert now
4. Fill out your information and click Convert
FIVE BENEFITS OF HAVING A PINTEREST BUSINESS ACCOUNT:
BENEFIT 1 – IT’S FREE
Having Pinterest business account is 100% free. As I’ve mentioned above, you can easily create a business account from scratch or convert your personal account to business account with just a few clicks.
BENEFIT 2 – YOU’LL APPEAR MORE PROFESSIONAL
Again, you’ll be able to display your personal and business/blog name as well as many keywords as you want in your Business Name section. Thanks to Rich Pins, your pins will stand out in a feed so you’ll most likely get click-throughs and repins. Your pins will look more trustworthy, which increases chances that someone would visit your blog post from Pinterest.
Now, my favourite three Pinterest business account features which will help you get more traffic to your website, brand your blog and business beyond your website, get more followers, repins, email subscribers and much more! Sounds awesome, right?
BENEFIT 3 – RICH PINS
Rich Pins are must haves if you really want to stand out and build your brand on Pinterest!
WHAT ARE THE RICH PINS?
Rich Pins add extra details to Pins from your website, which means that the pin will show your branding (favicon) title of your blog post and description, also information about you (pinner) and call to action buttons.
There are five types of Rich Pins: movie, recipe, article, product and place. In order to enable rich pins for your website, you need to verify it.
Without rich pins, your blog seems unprofessional and they are essential in getting most out of Pinterest to use for your blog and business.
HOW TO SET UP RICH PINS FOR YOUR BLOG?
BENEFIT 4 – PROMOTED PINS
PROMOTED PINS – WHAT IS IT?
Promoted Pins (or Pinterest Ads) are regular Pins that you can pay for so that more of your target audience sees them in relevant search results, category feeds, and home feed.
Promoted Pins work a lot like Facebook or Twitter ads. You can only choose the pin that is already on your board, set a campaign’s name and length, and how much you want to spend each day.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF PINTEREST ADS:
1. Traffic campaigns: you pay when people click on your Promoted Pin to visit your website. The goal of traffic campaign is to drive sales on your business website.
2. Engagement campaigns: you pay when people engage with your Promoted Pin (closeup, repin and click). They are perfect if your primary goal is to reach a wider audience on Pinterest.
Side note: Personally, I believe that you can get a tons of traffic without paying for ads, but it’s fun to try them once in a while.
BENEFIT 5 – PINTEREST ANALYTICS
Pinterest analytics helps you understand how people are engaging with content from your site and Pins from your profile.
When you go to the left side of your profile, it gives you the option to view your accounts overview (which is a snippet of your whole account) or you can view it by profile, audience, or your website.
THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF ANALYTICS, WITH METRICS:
1. Your Pinterest profile – Pinterest profile analytics is organised into 4 sections: Impressions, Saves, Clicks, and All-Time.
2. People you reach – In this section, you can see information about the people who follow your boards, saw your Pins, or interacted with your content in some way. You’ll be able to see from what country is your audience, which gender visits you the most and more.
3. Activity from Your Website –You can find out what content people like most from your website. You’ll see impressions, saves (repins) and clicks for Pins linking back to your site as a daily average.
I love tracking my progress in Pinterest Analytics every month! Since April this year, when I implemented my strategies, all my metrics exploded!
My Pinterest profile grew by 300%!
My audience grew by almost 900%!
Activity from my website grew by 5200%!!!
My traffic increased 7 times!!!
Do you have a business account on Pinterest? Which feature is your favourite and why?
PIN THIS POST
If you found this post helpful, please share it on Pinterest, so others can benefit from it too. Hover over the images below & click on the Pin it button. Thanks! 😉